The Fishguard International Music Festival runs from 19th-30th July and once again promises to be a 12 day celebration of all that’s great in classical music. Now in in its 45th year the Festival continues to bring together some of the best musical talent from Wales, the UK and the international community. This year’s programme includes:
- Orchestral concerts from BBC National Orchestra of Wales, members of Orchestra of Welsh National Opera, Sinfonia Cymru and National Youth Orchestra of Wales
- A fully-staged production of Humperdinck’s Hansel and Gretel
- Chamber music from Peter Donohoe, Alissa Margulis, Per Nystrom , Maggini Quartet and La Mer Trio
- Choral music from the John S Davies Singers
A full list of events can be found here: This Year’s Fishguard Music Festival Events
The concerts this year are taking place in a variety of venues including, St. David’s Cathedral in St. David’s; St. Peter’s Church, Goodwick; Theatr Gwaun, Fishguard; and Rhos-y-Gilwen in Rhos Hill.
Neuadd y Dderwen (The Oak Hall) at Rhos-y-Gilwen is my absolute favourite venue for acoustic music and I’ve had some really memorable musical moments there. So the recital on 27th July looks like a must.
Alissa Margulis – violin, Per Nystrom – cello, Peter Donohoe – piano will be playing:
- Debussy: Cello Sonata in D Minor
- Franck: Violin Sonato in A Major
- Debussy: Violin Sonata in G Minor
- Rachmaninov: Cello Sonata in G Minor
Tickets for the Festival can be bought on-line here: Fishguard International Music Festival Tickets
If you have any questions regarding tickets you can also call 07794 357770
Once again the festival artistic directors have assembled a distinguished group of orchestras, chamber ensembles and solo artists with a varied and interesting selection of music. I encourage you to make the most of this wonderful international festival!